"At least 250 million children of primary school age are failing to learn the basics."
-Education for All Global Monitoring Report (UNESCO), 2012
Team4Tech works to advance the quality of education in developing countries by connecting technology volunteers and solutions with high impact nonprofit organizations.
Through short-term, immersive service learning projects, Team4Tech volunteers implement customized training and technology solutions for our nonprofit clients. In parallel, the volunteers are stretched to build their own 21st century leadership skills in five key areas:
Our Project Approach
Team4Tech aims to build three levels of competencies for our nonprofit clients. The first goal is to build a foundation of digital literacy, which is followed by integration of education technology to improve teaching and learning outcomes in relevant subjects. The final level is the development of 21st century skills through a student-centered pedagogical approach. To date, Team4Tech projects have typically focused on the subject areas of literacy, STEM, and entrepreneurship.
Our Projects Result In
Team4Tech's core set of values enables us to be good partners to both the nonprofit clients we serve and our corporate partners:
- We immerse ourselves in the local context
- We listen to our clients’ and partners’ needs, and we engage in long-term partnerships
- We believe in using local suppliers whenever possible for sustainability and local economic development
- We believe technology can only be effective if it is relevant and easy to use
- We believe that our volunteers will be transformed by putting the needs of students and teachers first
- We believe in taking a rigorous and solutions-oriented approach to our projects